It has always been a dream of mine to own a meat slicer like they have in butcher shops and delis. The problem though is that they usually have this bulky commercial grade food slicer that is impractical to have for the kitchen. It's a good thing Costco has a food slicer than anyone can have in their home with the Chef's Choice Premium Electric Food Slicer (model 6102). You'd be using this slicer to thinly slice meat like leftover Thanksgiving ham to make ham and cheese sandwiches. What I'd do with a food slicer like this would be to make some awesome Philly cheese steaks and carne asada (I like small bits of carne asada in my burritos). One advantage of having a food slicer is that you don't run the risk of cutting your hand trying to thinly slice a steak with a chef's knife which is what I've done once before. You won't regret getting the Chef's Choice 6102 when your family is eating some some gooey, tender Philly cheese steaks that you were able to make yourself.
|Use the Chef's Choice Premium Electric Food Slicer (model 6102) to thinly slice meat|
Here are the specs:
Chef's Choice Premium Electric Food Slicer (model 6102) Product InfoCostco Item#: 670005
Costco Price: $99.99
Found at: Costco in South San Francisco, CA (451 South Airport Boulevard)
(price and availability may vary per Costco location)
|Make amazing Philly Cheesesteaks with the Chef's Choice Premium Electric Food Slicer (model 6102)|
|Deal for the Chef's Choice Premium Electric Food Slicer (model 6102) at Costco|
"Easy-clean" design: Blade, food carriage, food pusher, food deflector and thickness guide plate, all remove easily for cleaning.
- Precision thickness control, slices from 3/4" to Deli Thin
- Multi-Purpose 7" SS Blade
- Tilted locking food carriage for fast and efficient slicing
- Cast Metal Base
- Removable Components
- Cantilevered Design will Accomodate LG Platters and directly delivers sliced food to large trays and platters - easy access for cleaning
- Generous capacity food carriage retracts fully for extra large roasts, hams, etc.
- Serving tray included
- Intermittent and continuous ON/OFF power switch
- Powerful, cool running, high torque motor for continuous slicing
- Multipurpose, stainless steel blade. Approximately 7" (17 cm) diameter
- Blade removes easily for cleaning
- Rugged construction: all structural components of aluminum and stainless steel