If you enjoy cooking, then you'll surely love cooking with the Lodge Cast Iron Grill Pan with Silicone Mitts. Cooking on a cast iron skillet is like no other. The Lodge Cast Iron Grill Pan comes pre-seasoned, but you still have to maintain its seasoning and to prevent rust by applying oil. Cooking on cast iron makes a big difference allowing more flavor to be imparted into your food and the seasoning gives you a nonstick surface to cook your food. This comes in handy when you want to sear some steaks where your steaks develop a nice outer crush full of flavor since cast iron is known for its amazing heat retention. The heat retention is so good on the Lodge Cast Iron Pan that it comes with a silicon handle holder. You certainly don't want to burn your hand when you go grab the handle which I've done many times unfortunately. The rugged nature of cast iron allows you to even put the whole pan directly in the oven or right on a fire if, say, you're out camping. You won't regret getting the Lodge Cast Iron Grill Pan. If you properly maintain the seasoning and take care of the pan, it'll take care of you. Costco also sells a Lodge Lodge set of 2 cast iron skillet pans as well.
|The Lodge Cast Iron Grill Pan already comes pre-seasoned giving you a nonstick surface for easy cooking and more flavor.|
Here are the specs:
Lodge Cast Iron Grill Pan Set with Silicone Mitts Product InfoCostco Item#: 966281
Costco Price: $24.99
Found at: Costco in South San Francisco, CA (451 South Airport Blvd)
(price and availability may vary per Costco location)
|The heat retention allows you to get a good sear on your steaks with the Lodge Cast Iron Grill Pan|
|The Lodge Cast Iron Grill Pan comes with Silicone handle holder.|
|Deal for the the Lodge Cast Iron Grill Pan at Costco.|
Lodge Cast Iron: American Made since 1896. Let's get cooking...Unparalleled in heat retention and even heating. Grill Pan is at home in the oven, on the stove, on the grill or over the campfire. Silicone handle holder is dishwasher safe and heat resistant up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit / 232 degrees Celsius. Not for use in the oven. Seasoning is simply oil baked into the iron, giving you a natural, easy-release finish that will improve with each use. Dishwashers, metal scouring pads, and harsh detergents can harm the finisih. If this happens, you can revive your seasoning.
- Seasoned and Ready to Use: natural, easy-release oil finish that improves with use.
- 12 inch (30.48 cm) square cast iron grill pan
- Silicone Handle Holder
- The right tool to grill, sear, bake, and broil
- Easy care: hand wash, dry, rub with cooking oil
- Cast iron is at home on any heat source, indoors or out, except for the microwave.
- Be sure to lift your pan when moving it on a glass top stove.
- use any utensils you like, even metal.
- Heat and cool your pan gradually for added longevity.
- Protect your mitts, these handles get hot.
- Add a little extra oil the first few uses - some foods can be stubborn on new cookware.